Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 90

Thread: Stimulus Package

  1. #51
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    The truly disabled get the shaft nowadays because of the aforementioned abuse. Alot of folks who really need and deserve to receive benefits are getting he runaround because of freeloading. Good folks get used to working and want to work,contribute,take pride in knowing what he/she has is his/hers and is earned,does not want to draw a check. I saw you in BSG a few weeks ago. You shouldn't be working,have done your part and paid your dues. You are an example of why the system was set in place. I am sure if you thought about it hard though,you'd be able to name several people who could/should be working and are not.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #52
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    The economy may have roared..for the rich. But, don't forget that inflation was awful...so much for the roaring economy.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #53
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    You guys remember when we instituted (or tried to) the "Welfare To Work" program locally? What a joke. Basically nobody showed,nobody worked (how'd that work out for ya so to speak). Put the drunks,druggies,and bums to work sweeping streets,cleaning ditches,picking up trash I say. Make 'em earn theirs just like we earn ours. I'd wager many of them would suddenly "find a better job" rather quickly (digging ditches blows balls). Don't try to initiate anything. Just simply say "You don't work,you don't eat" . The good lord tells us in the good book that he helps those who help themselves. If you are asking "What about the kids?" If you can't provide the basics for them like food,if you aren't wiling to work to put food on the table,then you don't deserve the honor of having them. Yes,I know I am a little hardcore on this.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #54
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    If you really want to see where an economy is, where it's headed, and what a dollar is really worth do this: take the minimum wage at the time and see how many loaves of bread you can buy with an hour's earnings. Then see how many gallons of milk you can buy with it. Or How many gallons of gas you can buy with it etc. Then you can clearly see the state of an economy and what the money is worth.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #55
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offense to anyone but I dont understand why some of you "have" to work 2-3 jobs? </div></div>

    No offense taken. My comment was largely facetious, but I do work multiple jobs, even though I don't "have" to, I guess. I have a fairly large family, both my wife and I prefer she be at home, and I desire for my kids to have a better life than what I had growing up. My kids aren't spoiled - it's just that I want to enjoy life, and many of those things my family enjoys require money. I could cut back, but many of the fun, extra things would have to go. My only complaint with working multiple jobs concerns those who live as well or better than me and do nothing to earn it. I have no problem with legitimately disabled folks. It's sorriness that stirs my dander.

  6. #56
    Inactive Member lpd_observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2007
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    Look.... yes! exactly.... if you have worked for 30+ years, and you arent responsible enough to save 15 to 20% of your pre tax income per year, then its your own darn fault if you dont have a decent standard of living. Responsible, working class individuals need to build wealth by staying out of debt, safely investing their savings, and by limiting their expenditures.

    Social security is a broken system, and I resent having to pay that useless tax, which I will never benefit from, because all it does is steal from those who pay into it and give to those who havent earned a thing.

    If you dont work and pay taxes on your income, then you should not get a rebate. The middle class in America is being squeezed into poverty because the government over taxes working class individuals so they can give the money to irresponsible people who either dont save enough for retirement or are deadbeat drug addict 30 year olds who are too lazy to work!

    America penalizes those who work hard and rewards those who do nothing.

  7. #57
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    Well said!

  8. #58
    Inactive Member lpd_observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2007
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    Coeburn Cane, I love your enthusiasm, but I disagree with this break in principle because we have a tremendous spending deficit which is partially how we got to this position in the first place. Instead of relying on increased consumer spending, lets put this money toward balancing the budget and paying down the national debt. Let's increase regulation on the lending industry so that they cannot entrap uninformed people with variable rate loans and mortgages. Your policy caters to the lowest common denominator, but I want to raise it. $1600 in the great scheme of things is nothing. Its not going to produce any long term returns. We need to quit thinking about economics as a 100 meter dash, and start thinking of it as a marathon.

    Individuals need to be more educated in matter of finances. During the colonial era in the Jamestown settlement, the common theme was that "The king isnt going to feed you and the church isnt going to save you." This means essentially that the colonists needed to grow their own crops and that salvation was a personal matter between the individual and God. We need to reestablish that mentality in America. When lazy people are faced with the choice of working and starving, lets see how many rush to join the workforce. Additionally, people need to learn how to save more and build wealth. If people dont actively plan, save, and invest for retirement, then they dont deserve a good standard of living.

  9. #59
    Inactive Member lpd_observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2007
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    I have a solution to this problem as well. I dont want somebody to work if they dont want to. I think that this is part of living as free people. But if you dont work, then you dont eat. And what about the kids? people shouldn't be paid for having more children that they cannot afford. If you cant use discression about who you sleep with and how you do it, then you deserve to live with the consequences. Working people have children too. I work too hard and long and dont make enough money to pay for their children as well as mine.

  10. #60
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Stimulus Package

    So, you're telling me that since I am unable to work and receive veteran's benefits, then I should be able to eat? Excuse me, but I think you need to get your head out of your a##!!

    I have watched this thread all day long and with the exception of maybe 2 people, all seem to want the "non-working", meaning the disabled, elderly, etc. just to dry up and blow away. Most, and I mean most people on what one of you called a "draw" want to work, but aren't able to. Put yourself in my "shoe" and I do mean ONE SHOE, because the other leg/foot is useless. If I could work, I would.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •